Thank you for agreeing to be a guest on a Sitch Radio Podcast.
Please choose the platform below?
We will send you a link to the StreamYard video broadcasting program.
Please be in the “virtual studio” 15 minutes prior to the recording session so we can test audio and video quality.
We want to ensure you are set up for a successful interview. Please review the below information and if you have any questions or concerns give us a call.
StreamYard Guest Instructions
Before the broadcast make sure you have the following:
A laptop or desktop with a webcam and mic.
- A recent version of Chrome or Firefox.
- A strong internet connection. Just like Skype, you must have a strong internet connection for it to work well. If possible, connect to your router with an ethernet cable instead of using WiFi.
- We recommend wearing earbuds or headphones to prevent audio echoes.
If you don’t have a laptop or desktop, then you can join on your phone. But the experience is usually best on a laptop/desktop. On Android, we recommend the Chrome browser. On iOS, you must use Safari.
Joining the broadcast
When the time comes, follow these steps to enter the broadcast studio:
- The host should provide you with a link before the show. Click the link and you’ll be taken to their broadcast studio.
- Allow StreamYard to access your camera and mic.
- Make sure you have the correct camera and mic selected. guest entrance settings
- Enter a display name. Use your actual name or the name of your brand. Then enter the studio.
The host will be informed that you’ve arrived. You won’t be part of the broadcast until the host decides to add you in. The page will update to let you know when you’ve been added. Then everyone will be able to see and hear you. This is your time to shine!
Remember, the host asked you to join because they want to hear what you have to say. https://streamyard.com/resources/docs/guest-instructions/
Please make sure you are on a desktop or laptop computer and in a Google Chrome browser.
Your host should have shared a link with you to join the session. Once you have gone to that link, you will be in the Green Room.
If this is your first time on the site, you may need to request permissions. To do this, simply press “Request Camera Permissions”.
This will prompt a popup to occur, asking if Riverside can access your microphone and camera. Select “Allow”.
Now that Riverside has access to your microphone and camera, you can setup your audio and video settings before joining the session.
Once your settings are dialed in, you can enter your name and select whether you are wearing headphones or not. We highly recommend wearing headphones as this will improve audio quality, and reduce any potential feedback or echo (plus it will make your host happy 😁).
You’re all set!
Enjoy your recording and be sure to confirm with your host that your upload has completed prior to leaving.
If you would like to review best recording practices, click here.