Today on Drive Time OC #DTOC Seth & Brian tell you why Habana Should Be Your Next Date Spot and Disney’s California Adventure.
Cover a few headlines and Weekend Events in the OC.
Before we get started, We, (Brian) has a correction
February 7th, Today, is National Bubble Gum Day, My Bad
Yesterday, the 6th of February is NATIONAL FROZEN YOGURT DAY
HOW TO OBSERVE #NationalFrozenYogurtDay
This Day in History, First Human To Fly In Space
1984: Astronaut Bruce McCandless unhooked a lifeline and became the first human to fly free in space, using a gas-powered jet-pack to propel himself nearly 300 feet away from the Earth-orbiting U.S. space shuttle Challenger and back again.
Brian – MemorialCare Orange Coast Medical Center Earns Blue Distinction® Center Designation for Quality in Spine Surgery
Ref – https://patch.com/california/fountainvalley/local-hospital-earns-blue-distinction-center-designation
Seth – Man And Woman Found Dead Near Big Bear
- San Bernardino County sheriff’s officials on Tuesday were investigating the deaths of two people whose bodies were found in the forest near Big Bear. Deputies in Big Bear found a vehicle in the parking lot near Cougar Crest Trail at around 2 a.m. on Monday that belonged to a missing person, 27-year-old Ria Williams, of Santa Ana. Deputies learned that Williams was last seen in Big Bear on Jan. 29 with her boyfriend, Paul Stockwell, the sheriff’s department said Tuesday. Authorities said Williams didn’t report to work Friday and a co-worker reporter her missing. Stockwell was also reported as missing by his father.
- Homicide detectives are investigating the deaths, and an autopsy will determine the causes of death.
Ref – https://www.ocregister.com/2020/02/04/man-woman-found-dead-in-forest-near-big-bear/
Brian – QuakeAlertUSA – Mobile Earthquake Early Warning
Apple – https://apps.apple.com/us/app/quakealertusa/id961670831
Android – https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.ewl.quakealert
Seth – Taj Mahal Office Building Sells for $42 Million
- bought by Healthcare Realty from the Muller Co. Healthcare Realty is a real estate investment trust focused on medical properties. Its Socal portfolio controls close to 750,000 square feet of space. The big Reason why they bought the Taj Mahal is because it’s across the street from Saddleback Memorial Hospital.
- The Taj Mahal was designed by Burke, Kober and Nicolais, an architectural/engineering firm that also did work on Leisure World projects in Laguna Hills and Seal Beach. The building also held offices for Leisure World’s developer Ross Cortese.
- architect David Jacobson was quoted as saying the Taj Mahal “is an excellent example of neoclassical contemporary architecture as exemplified by buildings such as the Dorothy Chandler Music Center in Los Angeles, the Avery Fisher Symphony Hall in New York and the American Embassy in Athens, Greece … These were all timeless, monumental buildings, designed by prominent architects of their time.”
- As far as their plans with the building, we don’t know yet. But we can all appreciate the building signature look and a marvel the pretty penny Healthcare Realty paid for it.
Ref – https://www.ocregister.com/2020/02/04/taj-mahal-office-building-in-laguna-hills-sells-for-42-million/
Jamar – Weekly Crypto Update
Disney California Adventure & Disneyland
- As Disney California Adventure enters it’s 19 year of operation, a fire closed down Adventureland last night.
- Approx. 6:10 pm a fire was reported between the Jungle Cruise and the Fire Department on Mainstreet in a backstage area.
- As guests where directed away, the fire department made extinguished the blaze.
- No injuries and the park remained open.
- Accross the Way, California adventure has changed a lot in the last 19 years. With More to come. A constant work in progress,
- Disney California Adventure vice president Patrick Finnegan said “We are never done” There’s certainly plans that I’ve seen for the future that are all super exciting.
- Some Changes
- Little Mermaid: Ariel’s Undersea Adventure dark ride,
- World of Color nighttime spectacular,
- Buena Vista Street and Cars Land.
- a Broadway-style “Frozen” stage show, rethemed Soarin’ Around the World
- Guardians of the Galaxy: Mission Breakout
- Reimagined Pixar Pier.
Fire – https://patch.com/california/orange-county/fire-disneyland-shuts-down-adventureland-area
California Adventure – https://www.ocregister.com/2020/02/06/whats-next-for-disney-california-adventure-as-the-park-enters-its-20th-year/
Seth – Why Habana Should Be Your Next Date Spot
Ref – https://www.restauranthabana.com
Seth – Community Art Project Presents “Insider Art”
- Community Art Project (CAP) presents “Insider Art” – February 8, 2020 thru May 30, 2020
- The opening reception – February 8, 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. – FREE
- A juried Exhibit of Artwork by LOCA Arts Education Teaching Artists, Board Members, Staff, Students and Members.
- CAP’s mission is to increase the visibility and appreciation of Art and serve as a catalyst for Art Education.
Ref – https://patch.com/california/lagunabeach/calendar/event/20200208/764827/insider-art-opening-reception
Seth – Mac and Cheese Festival
- Sample your way though delicious Mac & Cheese dishes designed by Local Top Chefs to satisfy your ridiculously cheesy cravings.
- Saturday, Feb 8th, 11am
- Price: $39.99
- The Westin at south coast plaza
Ref – https://www.anaheim.calendareventstoday.com/anaheim/mac-and-cheese-festival-orange-county/Event?oid=18650922
Brian – Whales, Tails & Ales
Pet Project Foundation is proud to present our inaugural Whales, Tails and Ales Street Fair at Dana Point Harbor.
Whales, Tails & Ales will feature:
– Craft beer
– Local artisan vendors
– Delicious bites
– Live music
– Family Fun, Face Painting, Balloon Animals and Inflatables
– Doggie costume contest
– Free treats and dog-friendly vendors with swag for your four-legged friends
Proceeds from Whales, Tails & Ales benefit Pet Project Foundation, the foundation that supports our local San Clemente/Dana Point Animal Shelter.
Link – https://patch.com/california/orange-county/calendar/event/20200207/766390/whales-tails-ales
Brian – Drink and Draw OC, Before you get to excited, Youll be drinking Boba. This event is at Class 302 in Irvine.
Link – https://www.meetup.com/Drink-and-Draw-OC/events/268233670/
Drive Time OC
Download the “Drive Time OC” App
Android – Coming Soon
Apple – https://apple.co/2RzEzIh
Sitch Radio – https://sitchradio.com/
If you would like to become a sponsor or advertiser
Call Sitch Radio (714) 643-2500 X 1